Dr Nelson Gonzalez
“Pregnancy, motherhood and gynaecological concerns are very personal issues in a woman’s life. I feel very honoured and privileged to be trusted by my patients as they move through their life journey.”
Dr Nelson Gonzalez is a specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist based at Sunnybank (Brisbane southside). During his 9 years of practice, he has developed a particular interest in the following areas of Obstetrics and Gynaecology:
- Pregnancy care and management
- First trimester complications (miscarriage, ectopic pregnancies)
- Low and high risk pregnancies
- Antenatal shared-care (with a public hospital)
- Pelvic pain and abnormal uterine bleeding
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Ovulation Induction
- Advanced gynaecological laparoscopic ('keyhole') surgery
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urine incontinence
- Colposcopy and abnormal cervical screening
- Family planning
- Contraception advice
- Mirena insertion (or Copper IUDs)
- Permanent contraception
Trained in Queensland, Dr Gonzalez has gained most of his experience from working in tertiary level hospitals, namely Mater Mother’s in Brisbane and the newly upgraded Gold Coast University Hospital.
Dr Gonzalez has maintained his ties with the public system and is currently employed as a staff specialist at the Gold Coast University and Robina Hospitals. He enjoys teaching and mentoring junior medical staff and is involved in ongoing GP training and education.
Privately consulting out of Sunnybank Centre for Women, Dr Gonzalez holds admission rights to Sunnybank Private Hospital, Greenslopes Private Hospital and Gold Coast Private Hospital. He also has established ties with the Jimboomba Medical Centre and Salisbury Day Surgery where he now provides his specialist expertise to the local community.
Dr Gonzalez works in close collaboration with O&G specialist Dr Joseph Jabbour and Dr Jennie Connell to provide his patients with a holistic approach to their pregnancy and gynaecological concerns.
Appointments to see Dr Nelson Gonzalez can be made by contacting Sunnybank Centre for Women or Jimboomba Medical Centre.
- Dr Gonzalez offers Saturday morning consultations. These are at Sunnybank Centre for Women by appointment.
- Born in South America, Dr Gonzalez speaks fluent Spanish.